In hadoop all jobs status we can check by using resource manager web ui. This RM web ui provide number of nodes details,memory,CPU,scheduler details options. As well as filtering the running jobs,finished jobs,accepted jobs,submitted jobs,killed jobs and finished jobs.
When you clicked on running jobs option Resource manager webui will redirect to other page. that page shows the all running jobs list with application id,name and other details.
When you clicked on application id it will show you that application name,queue details,user name,start time and other details. On top header left side you can see an option called kill application .
Why we need to Disable Kill application button
Why we need to Disable Kill application button, the answer is for security reasons. If this option is enable anyone kill anyone’s application without any information.
For example on a cluster number of developers are working and running multiple jobs, due to that Yarn memory utilization reached to 100%. In this case anyone can kill others applications to free up the yarn memory and run their application.
How to Disable Kill Application button
To disable kill application button in resource manager permanently, please follow below steps.
- Login to Ambari webui as a cluster admin privileged user.
- Click on Yarn service and go to configuration page.
- Search yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.ui-actions.enabled If it exists, change the value to false.
- If not exists,go to ‘Custom yarn-site’ then ‘Add Property’ and set the value to false.
- Save settings and restart Yarn service and required services.
By following above steps will disable Kill Application button in Resource Manager web UI.